Monday 7 September 2009

Sleeeep...

Well I just woke up after an evening nap. I went to bed late yesterday and was working on some artwork right till the point when I fell asleep. This always gives me a horrible restless nights sleep so I was really tired all day. I've come to the conclusion that by not having say an hour of relaxation time before I sleep, my brain simply will not switch off and I spend all night in a semi conscious state. I kept going over ideas in my head even though I didn't want to, but my brain felt like it was on loop. I wonder how many people experience this?

Anyways, it's 9:05pm and I've set myself up for another late night now but I'm not going to work too late to try an avoid the same scenario. I plan on watching a film before bed but till then I'm desperately trying to get inspired to paint or to pin down a theme... one thing that has been decided is that my boards will all be painted with this really good flat olive green as a base. I found a big unopened tin in the shed that must of come from a DIY venture years back. I like a good paint find. It's a shame that's all I've decided.

One plus for the day is making plans to see the Miss Van art exhibition in London in October with my girlfriend. I decided today it would be worth a trip and to spend possibly a few nights down "sarf" If you don't know her work check it out here... :)

http://www.myspace.com/mittlillaplommon

No comments:

Post a Comment